Welcome returning members! I'm so grateful to have you back and I'm excited to share the season ahead with you.
Your reserved memberships are available for you now. Sign up by February 15th to reserve your spot!
Many pick up sites have shifted this year and I'm in the process of confirming exact addresses for this coming year. If you are interested in hosting a pick up site at your house or business, please email me for more information.
If possible, sending a mailed application with your check helps me avoid credit card processing fees. Online payment is great (and convenient) too.
You can mail applications and checks to:
6227 22nd Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98115
Questions? As always, shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Veggie Box is a form of Community-Supported Agriculture (CSA) in which consumers like you help provide financial support at the beginning of the farming season when I incur the bulk of my expenses buying seeds, equipment, tools, and more. In return, you receive supremely fresh, local veggies and become part of a community of people invested in sustaining a small, local business and farm. It's also a unique opportunity to get more acquainted with your food, know who and where it comes from, and learn how eating with the seasons impacts your body.
As a member, each week you receive:
- a delicious, just-harvested box of vibrant veggies with a variety of 4-10 items
- access to local, monthly add-ons that will vary by season, including: honey, flowers, wreaths, handmade herbal products, etc.
- a weekly newsletter with updates from the farm, a list of what's in the box, and tips for how to best utilize your loot
- an invitation to a summer Open House at the farm with a tour, picnic, and fun activities
Dates and Location
The Veggie Box runs for 20 weeks from mid-June to late October. Pick up will be available on Tuesday evenings from pick up sites in:
- North Beacon Hill (Beacon Ave S and Stevens St)
- Don't see a pick up site that works for you? Email me to see if setting up one in your neighborhood is possible!
- *NEW* Community Nourishment Share: $700-$850 for a Full Share with 6 - 9 vegetables/week + you share the love by providing financial assistance for one community-based organization or group to visit the farm for a workshop on land, justice, resilience, and earth skills**
- Full Share: $550 for a weekly share with 6 - 9 vegetables/week.
- Half Share: $375 for a weekly share with 4 - 6 vegetables/week.
**The Community Nourishment share is a response to many of your generous offers to help support the work that I do. In choosing this option, you will help support my ongoing efforts to reconnect people to land, culture, and a sense of resilience that is reflected in the farm ecosystem. The groups will be chosen at my discretion.
Payment and Donations
Members can purchase a veggie box share online or by mailing in an application with a check. You will be officially signed up upon receipt of payment. Payment can be made out to Kamayan Farm. There is an option to pay for your share in two equal installments. The first payment is due with your initial application. The second payment is due by July 15, 2017.
If you're interested in making a veggie box donation or purchasing a box as a gift for someone else, please contact me.
Sample Fall Box
- brussels sprouts
- winter squash
- bok choi
Sample Spring Box:
- napa cabbage
- snap peas
- salad mix
Sample Summer Box:
- mixed heirloom tomatoes
- green beans